Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

13 results found

1. Guild Rule Acceptance Verification before Applying

Recruiting/applications is one area that I feel GuildLaunch lacks adversity in and is the one reason I keep looking at other website providers. A couple of features that I would like to see added to GuildLaunch are:

1. Linking of Guild Rules to Applications: Applicants are directed to the Guild Rules page before being directed to the actual Application. They must click a verification button that they agree to the guild rules and to proceed with applying.

2. Auto Polls for Applications. Currently, moderators have to go into each application post, edit it, and add a poll for accepting or rejecting. An…

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  GL_Slater responded

While this isn’t an automated feature, Anonymous has a great idea that works well in our system:

“We normally just add a required yes/no response with a link to the guild rules on the app.

Something else that’s worked well for me in the past is REMOVING the application widget from the front page. Instead, I add an HTML widget in the large, main section that is visible only to non-members. The HTML widget contains the guild rules and anything else that’s essential for people to know prior to joining the guild. At the bottom, it has a link that says “I agree – take me to the application!” "

2. Add more options for handling of applications

I would like an option to just close an application for reasons like inactivity or lack of response from the applicant to questions or feedback. Simply clicking denied doesn't seem fitting but I don't want to leave applications on my pending list.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are going to add a new application status of ‘Closed’. There will now be 3 options: Accept, Reject, Close

This will let people ‘Close’ an app without necessarily rejecting the person. This will be analogous to the ‘Withdrawn’ status by the user, but will reported separately.

In essence in cases where a user or admin is neither rejecting nor accepting an app users can withdraw apps, but Admins ‘close’ them.

If you need greater detail than that the note field is the place to put the detail. We can’t add a button for every reason for a rejection or an application being close, but you can add a note ‘Closing for Inactivity’ or ‘Closing due to lack of Response’ then click ‘Close’ and you’re set.

3. Update Guild Summary in TERA

Hello, my idea is to update the summary in TERA, because the races are incorrect, as the race the Elin not exist and two types of Castanics out when there is only one, please fix this error, Sorry for my english

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry about the confusion again – this is not a widget issue. There is a character on the guild site (Skantrix) who is a ‘Castanies Sorcerer’, which is why it is displaying Castanies, and there are no Elin characters on the guild site.

Changing that will resolve the issue.

4. Select all that apply in recruitment app setup

I would love to see the ability in the recruitment setup to have a multiple choice/select all that apply checkboxes.

3) What reason(s) would you like to primarily join the guild for? <select all that apply>

PvE/Raids

PvP

RP

Crafting

Socializing

And then have the ability for them to check multiple choices from the list.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recruitment class icons for Guild Wars 2

Can we have recruitment class icons for Guild Wars 2?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow applications to get forwarded to an e-mail address

I don't always get to log onto the guild site everyday to check for pending applications. It would be nice to be able to set-up an e-mail forwarding option so when a new application comes it, it can be sent to my personal e-mail address which would let me know I need to log in to review it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. You get a PM when you receive an application, and if you have your account set to send an email when you receive a PM, you get the notification.

7. Make member list default

Make the member list the default tab when opening the guild member list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I love style but...

The idea that it does not show a option for a personal message to tell you if you have been accepted to a clan/guild isnt too appealing. I'm fine with it but others may prefer a on sit message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The system automatically sends the user a PM when an application is accepted on a site.

9. MWO Faction "Lone Wolf" / Clans

In the application process there is the option to 'ask members for character information'. One of the questions in this is for their 'faction'. Please add "Lone Wolf" to the options or allow them a way to manually type their clan name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. joining site

When you join site you are then in clan, some people only want to join site so can you make the join clan something done after joining site please.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you create an account through our main page (www.guildlaunch.com) you won’t be linked to the application process for a specific site. That way you would have a GL account without being a member of a specific guild/clan/kinship/corp site.

11. We've a guildwebsite for members to sign up for ops.We want to have them to use facebook to register at the website.How can we provide this?

We'd like potential guildmembers to use their facebook to register on our guildlauch website, and provide a service that make them able to 'sign up' for operations and such, by just singing up using facebook.
    Is this possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On the login and account creation pages, there is an option to sign in with Facebook, which will automatically create a Guild Launch account for them. :)

12. Application options

I would like to have an alternative to the current application form. Preferably an option to disable the form, and let applicants make custom applications on their own, or follow a template posted in the recruitment forum by the guild leadership.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality is now in place. :) You can create a forum where non-members can post, then (if you like the post they make there), add them to the site’s Member Roster on the admin Menu → Rosters → Visitors area of the site.

13. Add auto approval to applications

Hello, I'm looking to make tournaments for games by using Guild Launch as a way to have people sign up. It would be nice if people could just sign up and not have to have a mod approve everyone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you add a Launch Code to your site on the Admin Dashboard → Recruiting → Launch Code area of the site, you can give that to users so that they can circumvent the application process.

• Don't see your idea?

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base