Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

305 results found

1. Updating Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I know official launch for the game isn't for another month: but will there be planned updates to in-game info after Aug. 27th?

Things like: Rapid Raid, Item-Hovers, job icons?

385 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  addons  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Support dropdown menus on the main navigation

I think that it would be a great idea to have the main navigation support drop down menus. It not only would look cool. But allow guilds to create less pages dedicated to branching out to other pages if you get what I mean.

177 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  GL_Stephen responded

This feature is now available in our V5 system that is in opt-in beta. We are not yet doing menus under menus (because the custom section doesn’t support this yet), but it is supported by the implementation and already implemented in Rapid Raid.

3. Member Notes

I'd like to be able to keep notes on my members. This would be based of the roster sync, any changes in the roster would get noted automatically (promotion/demotion/date joined/date left). I could also enter free form notes for any member. Most GMs have too many members to remember every detail about all of them. I should also be able to share these notes with specific ranks or roles on the site. Ideally, all notes would be retained even if a person leaves. Its very annoying to see a member/alt leave the guild in-game and not be able access the…

155 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  GL_Slater responded

Member Notes are now available on the Admin Menu → Rosters → Members area. There is a new icon next to each member where you can access this area.

4. 122 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is off by default, but is now toggle-able on the Admin Menu → Features → Forums → Settings area.

5. We need the ability to assign points to players profiles so that we can use the rankings and award system you already have in place.

We need the ability to assign points to players profiles so that we can use the rankings and award system you already have in place. We are a Destiny clan and we've built a ranking system where members earn points in both PVP/PVE and can get promoted from both areas, currently i have to track this in excel

119 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Membership Reports

It would be nice to have a "Activity Report" - A place that you can extract an excel sheet showing stuff like: Rank, # raid's/Calendar events signed up for, last site visit, num of posts etc. As a group leader I'm always wanting to know what really works, so I keep my own reporting from a number of sources. Would be easier to have it here. I do SQL work, and develop reports in Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, using business Objects and Reporting Services if you need help.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available on the Reporting tab of the Admin menu.

7. Award System

About award system:

• Can we see a list of all members with the total points they earned?
      I understood we had this in the past, it would be so awesome to have it back!

• To see on a member's profile how many points he/she earned.

• When someone isn't a member anymore, they will automatically be removed from all the awards he/she received from the guild.
      Because when i remove a member from the site, his/her name is still in the list of the award.. this means i have to check everything over and over again, and in future for each…

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Limiting Signup Time on Calendar Events

If possible, it would be fantastic if there was an option to limit when people can sign up for reoccuring raids on the calendar, either with a signup delay (eg. Some sort of a toggle so that people can't sign up for a raid that's more than 7 days out), or a reoccuring raid posting delay (eg. setup our raids to post at 3am Wednesday mornings for the following Tuesday).

My guild raids on a first come, first serve basis and if we set raids to reoccur, anyone can sign up for raids weeks ahead of time, clogging up signups…

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  rapid raid  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. full wysiwyg editor & copy/paste capability

Since the last thread is closed and I cannot add my vote to it, here goes a new one: I'm new to GL and was appalled when I first tried to post information from a web based guide for a new WoW boss into a forum post. I actually did not post all the information that should have been included because it was too much effort trying to create the existing formatting and links manually. Essentially, I find the editor unsuitable for conveying the information I want our team to have, in an efficient way.

Please consider adding a proper…

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adjustable News Image Slider

This has been proposed before by someone but seems to have been denied.

PLEASE allow us to adjust the speed of the News Image Slider widget.

Thank you!

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The News Image Widget now has two additional configuration options. The first is duration which controls how long the actual transition takes, the second is speed which effects how often a slide transitions.

The configuration is in seconds with the lowest being 1, which is quite fast. In experimenting I found a 2 duration, with an 8 speed to be quite nice.

Please note, that the config changes the JavaScript, but the page must be reloaded to see the effects. I’m hoping to make another update to make script changes auto update, but that is how they work for now.

Enjoy!

11. Make it possible to "like" someones posts on the forums or add reputation for posts that they make?

Other forum users woruld be able to like a post or add reputation to that person for a good/bad post

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Posts can now be upvoted and downvoted and this contributes to the user’s ‘GL Score’.

12. Customizable Gravatar that or themed for Game

Can we get a Gravatar with a toggle so we can customize based on the game(s) we play. Like the Star Trek Arrow or one that we can upload.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You are now able to pick a default avatar from any image uploaded to your file library. You can find this functionality in Admin under the Rosters → Default Avatar heading.

13. Guild Rule Acceptance Verification before Applying

Recruiting/applications is one area that I feel GuildLaunch lacks adversity in and is the one reason I keep looking at other website providers. A couple of features that I would like to see added to GuildLaunch are:

1. Linking of Guild Rules to Applications: Applicants are directed to the Guild Rules page before being directed to the actual Application. They must click a verification button that they agree to the guild rules and to proceed with applying.

2. Auto Polls for Applications. Currently, moderators have to go into each application post, edit it, and add a poll for accepting or rejecting. An…

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While this isn’t an automated feature, Anonymous has a great idea that works well in our system:

“We normally just add a required yes/no response with a link to the guild rules on the app.

Something else that’s worked well for me in the past is REMOVING the application widget from the front page. Instead, I add an HTML widget in the large, main section that is visible only to non-members. The HTML widget contains the guild rules and anything else that’s essential for people to know prior to joining the guild. At the bottom, it has a link that says “I agree – take me to the application!” "

14. Image Box

Just a plain image box where you can put an image in. The countdown widget is great but the writing goes on image as you got to modify background for an image to go on. if you had an image box then you could put image just above countdown widget. Or you could add an image box to the countdown widget so image was above the countdown.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  widgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto-pruning of members

Is there any way of doing this without actually going through each individual member? I want to delete members that have not logged in for over 60 days.

Also, is there a way of warning members that they are going to be removed from the site via email?

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While this is not planned as an automated feature, you can sort the member roster by last login date and select every member who hasn’t logged in before a certain day.

16. End of Nations

End of Nations is a MMORTS that has been in development for approximately 2 years, and is currently pre-Alpha. I have created a Clan on the GuildLaunch community, and a number of our members have requested incorporating EON artwork into our forum design.

While I realize that the game is still in the development stage, we would like to have some relevant artwork to apply to our site template; we are upgrading on a 6 month subscription as of today (Oct 31), and wish to have some theme templates that apply to our community.

Thank you for your time and…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create addition moderation privileges in addition to "BAN"

I would like to see permissions to remove avatars and signatures directly for a previous member that is no longer a part of the guild.

The option for avatars currently doesn't exist, however I know you can remove signatures from their posts by going to each individual post and editing it and then making sure the box for signatures is unchecked. Unfortunately, this is tedious and long for someone that may 150+ posts.I think a global remove is needed for site admins/owners/moderators and it should be able to be granted through the permission sets.

With the avatar, you should be…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Users can now be temporarily banned and they can receive posting bans. In addition Avatars and Sigs can be turned off for each site member.

18. Confirmation Prompt when deleting Calendar Events

We occasionally get users who delete Calendar Events when they intend signup for it. It would be really nice if there were a confirmation prompt when someone clicks on "Delete Event". Or at the very least, give more space between the "Signup" and "Delete Event" links.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. twitch.tv embed support

Could you add the ability to embed twitch.tv videos into forum posts, like youtube,xfire etc?

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto redirect back to thread after posting

Currently, when you make a new post on the forum, you're directed to a page that confirms you've made a post and gives you links to get back to your post or back to the forum. That's silly - it's a dead page, providing no useful information, and just forces users to have to click again. I recommend you just automatically take the user back to the thread they posted in, as 95% of other forums do. If they want to get back to the forum instead, it's still only one click away from there.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16