Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Allow admins to change Level of characters for games that do not have roster imports

Members aren't updating their levels or some are purposely putting level 999 so the can be on top of the list. Our game doesn't have roster import functionality, I'd like to be able to fix/update my roster without asking members.

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Shelved  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is something we may revisit in a future release, but isn’t currently planned for active development.

2. Moderating Old Members

Back in the day, a system was created to moderate current site users signatures and avatars. You can remove them and such. I originally suggested this idea and I was happy to see it get the response it deserved.

However, it needs to be taken a couple of steps farther....
    1. The ability to set a default picture or text for moderated signatures and avatars. (Basically saying and showing it was moderated.)

1. The ability to remove members' avatars and signatures who are no longer apart of the guild site (not guildlaunch but site specific) but have posts that are still…
    44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This hasn’t bubbled up to active development yet, but we may revisit it in a future release!

3. Moderating Site Posts/Replies

I would like to see a button to "moderate" a reply or post that when that particular post or reply is moderated, it keeps the original poster from editing it to re-post was was "edited" when the edit button is used.

In that system, there should be default replies that replace the current content in the post or reply with admin moderation replies OR the ability to manual edit the reply to say whatever is necessary.

Also, by default, when the post or reply is moderated, it should say who moderated it. The ability to set the font and formatting…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we aren’t currently planning this specific functionality for active development, it’s something we may revisit in a future release!

4. Awards

Under an old system, Site admins were the only people who could assign and award a guild award from the award page (whew, lol). I then suggested on the forums to incorporate a permission with it instead of having to be a site admin for obvious reasons.

I was not through in my explanation however. The way the current permission is set up, when a specific permission group has the "award" permission checked, it allows them to also create new awards.

I would like to see that only site admins (or whoever else through yet another permission) can create an…

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This hasn’t bubbled up to active development yet, but we may revisit it in a future release!

5. Add File Sorting for uploaded files by Type,Name, and size and or allow them to be put into sub directories.

Having a good amount of space to upload files is great until you need to find and link to those files and they are all just in one list. It would be nice to be able to list the files in groups or sub folders for easier access and organization.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wildstar Character Importing feature

I would like to request a new feature for Wildstar to import the guild roster into GL. I can use an addon called "Guild Roster Tools" to import the characters into an xml file. I would be happy to work with the Dev to make this happen. This will be needed if we are to make use of the Raiding system as well. Please let me know if I can help.

Ramkus
    Wildstar - Caretaker server
    http://chaoticbliss.guildlaunch.com/

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We may revisit this in a future release, but it isn’t currently planned for active development.

7. multiple guild bank

Is there any plans to add more advanced admin option to the guild bank, as Weekend Warriors* are a multi-gaming guild and would like to have one guild bank link. But setup so that items from SW:TOR are not mix'ed with items from STO or Fallen Earth.

Something like

[SW:TOR GB]
    - [Armormech]
    [Fallen Earth]
    - [Armorcraft]

[]=Folders

*http://wwiii.guildlaunch.com/forums/index.php?gid=315698

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, but not something we’re currently pushing to active development.

8. IP Audit Roster

When someone post an application, it shows the IP address of the applicant. It would be nice if we could see this as a list for all members that only admins could view. That way if someone applies on a second or phony account, admins could easily find them.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

9. Ability to toggle default forum text link targets from "None" (same window) to "New Window"

I think it would be a great feature/addition if the GL website/owner had the ability to toggle the default setting of forum text link targets from "None" (same window) to "New Window". I feel this would increase the ease and functionality of links that target both internal and external sources without being lead away from or possibly losing any progress on the current page that is providing the link.

Certainly most links elsewhere on sites are meant for navigation rather than referencing. But the text links found in Forum posts are typically used to simultaneously cite/share information ALONG SIDE of…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

10. Awards interface

Could you place the Award Member dialog box on top of the other items, since we won't be editting awards as much as designating them to members. It's kind of annoying to have to go to the bottom of the page each time you want to give someone an award.

The specific page is ~/roster/awards.php

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update TS3 Widget

If you have time to look at the TS3 widget code, right now when it is polling the script is displaying every single thing on the server. That includes the [cspacer] , [rspacer] and normal [spacer]. Any chance we can get script to filter those codes out of the view poll so they are not displayed?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We may revisit this in a future release, but it isn’t actively planned for development.

12. Asign dates to Guild Awards

If you have an award for joining your guild but you don't happen to be on that day to assign it it'll have the wrong date on it. Same for certain tasks or achievements.

It would be nice if there was a "date" option when choosing what user to assign an award to.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we may revisit in a future release, but isn’t currently planned to be in a development sprint.

13. Guild Kick/Drop Notes

We have a process where we assign a re-invite priority to each member when they leave or are kicked from the guild. It would be great if you could make these an option or at least provide more customizable fields on the roster. I suppose I can make a no longer in guild rank as a workaround, and strip them of rights.

Terms when he left
    A = Left on the best terms. Example: Long time productive member. Left for RL issue.
    B = Left on good terms. Didn't know him long, but gave his notice before he left.
    C…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we may revisit in a future release, but isn’t currently planned to be in a development sprint.

You could use an officers-only forum to do something similar, though. :)

14. Ban

It would be nice to see who banned a person and be able to put in notes on why/how long, etc. This way, all folks with ban privileges would be on the same page, even if they aren't on the same schedule. Additionally, it would allow members to have a basis for review by other officers/leaders/admins, having the info right there as to why and when.

Having been a part of guild leadership since before most were calling them guilds, I know that each one is unique, along with what permissions are granted to various levels of leadership. Having information…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have 'Edited by' text appear when a moderator edits a forum post

Hello friends! Thanks once more for great website & great work for this amazing service... I would like to give the idea of when an admin edits a post from other person it should appeared edit by .... at date:..... Because atm I just edited 1 person post and nothing appeared.

Thanks for your time & have a great week

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. include an Auto feature for gathering Faction Information from Importing

When importing from Rift Game. Both Factions, Guardian and Defiant are allowed in the same Guild for Rift Game. This is not right. All the "Imported" players are set as Defiant or Guardian. No 'Auto' Option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be revisited in a future release, but isn’t currently planned functionality.

17. Participation Tracking for promotions

My guild operates by having a system where I track individual players actions based on a point system similar to DKP. This allows me to assign points to players that go to events or simply help out new players to get involved. I'd like a system to allow my officers to assign "participation" points to players on the site and allow a system to track that to integrate to the promotions value.

This will allow my guild to easily track who should get promoted based on actual participation in the guild automatically.

Breakdown:
    - Point system to create named values…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned in a development cycle, but we may revisit it in a future release.

18. Make it more user friendly to Clan operators on Xbox 360

Is there a way that we could make the site compatible with Call of Duty? By that I mean add widgets for Clan Wars stats, and a way to link your Xbox 360 Profile to your account. I would also like to be able to add profile fields where members can personalize their page a little.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Site Members Search

Within the Rosters > Site Members area, add a search field in order to help with quickly finding a specific member. It would show any applicable partial or full match.
    For example: If I typed in Kin, it might return with:
    Moonkin
    Kindrik
    The results would display as the list currently does in terms of: Check Box, User Name, Joined, Last Login, Rank, Admin, Mod, Modify

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 'Select All' option for Split/Merged

When Splitting/Merging Topics, having a 'Select All' option for selecting all the posts to Split/Merge would help speed things up, especially for merging entire Topics together.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base