Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

287 results found

1. parser for rapid raid

I would like to award DKP hourly or by time. The easiest way to accomplish this is with a parser for the game log file. The parser will look for the time and date stamp,the guild tag, and the zone. Then Just parse the amount of time the member is online. You could also impliment a loot tracker. Any item looted in the game be listed and the raid leader can select the items that cost dkp to submit automaticly then add in the cost from the webpage.

This would really be awsome then all i would need to really…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  rapid raid  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is something we may revisit in the future, but is not currently planned for development.

2. Guild applications

It would be nice if it were possible to have a option to automatically duplicate guild applications into the officers thread for discussion, I know officers can discuss in the admin are, but this is limited to 250 characters and is a bit clunky and no where as nice as the forum

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add ability to track any and all raids

Presently changing the Localization file allows you to track either Cata raids or PreCata raids, but not both. We need a way to track both.
    My guild is a casual guild, but more importantly we're a community. We raid (old and new), we PvP, we do lots of dungeon runs. We don't care if a person is a hard core raider or an Alt-aholic that does't have anyone at max lvl. Keeping everything organized can be rather difficult at times. Presently we have to have certain people with the addon changed and some with it not changed, then make sure…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  GL_Stephen responded

I mentioned this to our developers to see about it getting added, and it actually used to be that way in prior releases, but was changed for performance reasons and is not something that we plan to reimplement in the future.

Just so you know: You can change the filename locally for the localization file, and the config variable, even while in-game and then type “/console reloadui” in-game and it will change over. That should only take about 10 seconds.

4. Subforums

Subforums always appear at the top of list within a forum (pushing all posts down). Is there a way an option can be applied to push a Post above subforums (preferably the "Announce" option, but if a new/different option is available that would be fine). I would even be okay if a limit of only "1" was post allowed to be at the top (like a Forum Header Post), This would typically be used for "Read First" or "Instructions" type posts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we may look at this again in the future, it is not currently a planned feature.

5. Modify Recruiting Options

Separate Recruiting abilities similar to Members Permissions (Recruiting All vs. individulal options: See Applications, Accept/Deny Applications, Modify Application/Settings, Assign Permissions Group). Mainly, deny Recruiters from being able to assign Permissions Group when approving if they do not have access to "Modify Members".

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned functionality, but you could set a Launch Code that your recruiters can provide to new members – that way they would be added to the roster without permissions and a full admin could come by later and flag them with appropriate ones.

6. Adapt Rapid Raid to be use more Generally

So right now the site has an MMO, or Role Playing focus. Which is great, my guess is a fair % of clans embrace these game types. However my group is FPS players. This means that I would love to use something like "Rapid Raid" to set up events, but it is definitely VERY specific to certain games/gametypes. Perhaps setting up a system with a drop down that allows you to select the type of game you are planning an event for, and then having that drop down SELECT a form based on it would work.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned, but you can set up events in the Calendar area for events that aren’t going to earn DKP through Rapid Raid, like meeting for an FPS.

7. Allow Admins to Set Default # of Topics to Show in a Forum

How can I set the number of topics displayed on each forum page? For instance, I want 30 topics displayed on my 'member discussion' forum.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 11 12 13 15 Next →