Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. automatically provide a linkable image when you resize a image in the forums

The problem I have with the resizing of forum images people post, is that it resizes the image, but doesn't allow you to click on the resized image to view it fully.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  forums  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  GL_Slater responded

As Woodpeckersam kindly pointed out: When you create a post click “Extra BBCodes” → Scroll down to “Resizable Image” → Paste the link to the image between the BBCode and you can do this.

2. Add a PM (Private Messaging) feature that is manageable from the Admin panel.

Adding a PM feature would allow guild members to communicate with one another similar to what they do with their Facebook pages. This will make it less likely that a guild will need a FB page since it will offer them the same type of resource on their guild page. I believe a lot of users would enjoy this feature!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There already is a private message feature in place. On any Guild Launch site, click the envelope in the top right corner (next to your forum handle when logged in) to see your private messages.

3. Make it possible to "like" someones posts on the forums or add reputation for posts that they make?

Other forum users woruld be able to like a post or add reputation to that person for a good/bad post

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  GL_Stephen responded

Posts can now be upvoted and downvoted and this contributes to the user’s ‘GL Score’.

4. Link Url for email notifications

When you subscribe to a forum or you post on a thread and choose the option to watch that thread via email you get emails with plain text urls.

My suggestion: make those plain text urls click able or at least have an option where an admin can turn it on.

Reason: I receive at least 10 emails a day from my guild's website and it would make life a little bit simpler to be able to just click the link instead of copy and pasting.

I'm sure it wouldn't take a hell of a lot of coding either :P

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  GL_Stephen responded

This has been completed. Topic and Forum reply notifications will now have both a plain text and a clickable URL. In many EMAIL clients this will be redundant, but for those using email clients that do not turn the link into a clickable link this should fix the issue.

5. Add colors

Add colors to ranks and the like, otherwise the forums look "fugly" and bland.

Make forums more "bendable" when it comes to admin options.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is manageable with custom CSS or the advanced customization menu on the Site Style tab of Admin.

6. Add more forums

I would like to be able to add separate forums on the site but so it dosent all look like one giant forum

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →