Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

287 results found

1. Applications that get posted to a forum

When you have the option set to post the applicatants aplication to a forum, there should be an option that allows you what you want to show in the subject like for who's application it is.

Currently, the name that gets posted is the applicants current forum name. I would like to see the ability to set either the character name they register or their member name. We don't search by member name in our guild, and many applicants use a forum name that either doesn't represent their game name in any way or is tied to a name from…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is not currently planned, but site owners can add a question to the application asking which character is applying to the guild – that way the information would be in the application for review.

2. How about Voyage Century Addon

I do not see any Voyage Century Add ons how about some for that game. Like autoplayer updates to track the guild members advancements.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  addons  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we would like to be able to implement for every game we have in the system, but it’s a matter of whether or not the game has the API open to third-party add-ons and what information we have access to from the game company.

Until the publishers of Voyage Century Online open up the API and suchlike to other developers, there is not much we can do.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

3. Character Profiles for DDO

Coudl you add Character Profiles for DDO from my.ddo.com like you do with LOTRO using my.lotro.com

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be something we implement in the future, but is not currently planned.

4. Would it be possible for the SWTOR guilds to have a Warzone Record widget with things like highest damage, protection, healing, kills, times

Would it be possible for the SWTOR guilds to have a Warzone Record widget with things like highest damage, protection, healing, kills, times died that was input from the game?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something that we would like to implement. Unfortunately, Bioware has not opened up the API for SWTOR to third parties, so we can’t actually gather that information.

I’m declining this for now, but I will take note of it as something to keep an eye on for if they ever do open up the API.

5. Progress Barb For Any Game

Progress Bar For Any Game, E.G. Bar Has A Max Limit, The Current Amount is regularly updated by website admin and the bar fills up as the amount increases, the reason for this is, so that all the members of a faction/guild trying to reach a goal, are able to see the status of it progressing and increasing

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link Edit Box

Could you widen the "Current links" edit page? The icons to sort, delete, and edit end up running to the next line and kind of get cluttered. It looks like there is plenty of space to widen it.

~/linkbox/configure.php

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are downplaying the Links list altogether in favor of the HTML widget to make things more straightforward.

7. Sign up via unique email, not unique alias

I'm evaluating several similar services right now and you use my alias as the primary logon ID, not my email address. However mine is taken. So every time I go to sign up for a sample account, I get mad that my name is taken and I return to evaluating your competitors.

Yes I'm aware that there is some way to later change the name that displays on my posts, this changes nothing for the initial signup process / conversion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  billing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not feasible for our system. I’m sorry that it has caused you some inconvenience, as this is not our intention.

I’m going to go ahead and paste GL_Stephen’s comment for a more in-depth explanation.

“Our system allows people to be members of multiple sites and for users to PM each other by name. This requires unique names. Due to the sheer number of sites that host with us, and the millions of registered users that we have, there is some contention for names. That being said, the system also allows for a simple guild tag after your name to make a unique and not ugly name. Your name can also be updated, so if your guild changes you can update the tag part.”

8. Events - Calendar Widget/Calendar Colors

I would love for a functionality that would color the current day one color and events another color.
    The event text background color could be decided by the label color as chosen by the event creator.
    Then add a different text color to events you HAVE signed up for as opposed to ones you haven't or maybe just a checkmark or symbol for the ones you have signed for for an easy overview.

I really like the calendar/event functionality, but atm. it's really hard to notice new events on days that had events before and to see events on "today"…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we’re currently planning to implement, but if there is still interest we can revisit it in later releases.

9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we are currently planning to implement.

10. SWTOR widgits!

Theres dozens of features and widgits for WoW but SWTOR does not. We need more SWTOR widgits that mirror the WoW ones. Also we need Operation Icons. (Like WoW raid icons)

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  addons  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we do plan to do more with SWTOR (despite this being set to ‘declined’), we need more specific requests than ‘more widgets’.

That being said, more specific requests for a particular usable widget will be gladly looked into!

11. Global Forum Announcements/Stickies

It would be nice to have the option to create global stickies or announcement threads that show up at the top of every forum in their own seperate area apart from the threads that are default to the forum. This would be so they stand out. This way, for example, a guild that has terms of use or something admin related, it would be readily available for viewing. Reference startrekonline forums for details at http://forums.startrekonline.com They have a prime example of what I talking about for their Terms of Service.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not currently planning to implement this as a Forums feature, but you could do something similar with a News widget at the top of the forums (or the bottom, underneath the content, for longer ones like a ToS) that pulls the announcement you’d like to display.

12. GW GvG/PvP

In GW there is alot of people that do GvG (guild vs guild) and PvP. The only thing I saw was for WoW pvp that includes a KoS. But in GW there is no KoS. I know the members of my site would love to have something less confusing then the one that is out there. I was thinking that it would be a good idea for the GW gamers to have it's own GvG/PvP addon. All it would need is a way to list who is one the different teams in the case of the gvg and the different…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would like to be able to do more automation with PvP/RvR, but at the moment Guild Wars/GW2 doesn’t allow addons (to my knowledge) and haven’t opened up the API to let third parties do this.

13. Replace Troll Radio widget with Radio Rivendell widget

It appears that Troll Radio is no longer active. Suggest changing this widget to stream music from the Radio Rivendell site. I am not affiliated with that site but its a cool fantasy, MMOish type radio site. Thanks.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll open this in an internal ticket since it raises a valid point, but since it has been active awhile and has zero votes, I am going to close it here.

14. See what is in the kin house chests

I run a site for Lord of the Rings Online. Is there a possibility to be able to see what is in the Kin house chests by the way of the bank?

Wouldn't want any more functionality than that. It is just so members can see what is in the kin house chests out of game.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something that we would love to add, but Turbine does not provide the information necessary for us to access it on-site.

15. Be able to display Guild Rank 'Images' in the Guild Roster page

Instead of simply providing the Rank 'Name' in the guild rosters' Rank column, be able to show the Rank Images in that column also, as they are only seen in the Forums alongside each members Name/Avatar.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we’re currently planning to implement.

16. Website preview for group permissions

Hi, it would be nice to have an overview of the website in the permissions area group (to see directly what the forum will look like for the different group in the forum / categories / and menu). That will help to make sure that you dont give acces to an officer categorie or forum for example (forum in this section have often the same name as other like news or general info .. )

Sorry about my english, I am french.
    Thanks for you attention

Best Regards

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we don’t currently plan to implement a preview mode for permissions, I’m working on a list that outlines what all the permissions provide access to on our support wiki!

17. Guild Name Flash Movie Appearance Controls

I would like to see a way of controlling which pages (i.e. only the home page - instead of all of them) the guild name flash movie appears. The flash movies can get a bit much if seen over and over again. They are mostly appropriate for the homepage and not anywhere else. With that, maybe a control for a secondary title for other pages than the home page. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement the ability to enter HTML Title elements for forum/subforums.

Implement the ability to enter HTML Title elements for forum/subforums. This will allow a mouse over of a forum name to also be used to describe what the forum/subforum is for. This will be especially helpful for subfourms so ppl can quicky get an idea what a subforums is for without having to drill down into the main forum.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not plan to implement HTML coding for forums and subforums at this time.

19. Limiting nested quotes

It would be a nice feature to reduce forum post lengths if the quote button only quoted the quoted poster's response (without nested quotes). Better yet, the option to define how deep nested quotes would go (ie 3 quotes down the tree)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This was brought up in a development meeting, but is not going to be implemented as a feature.

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?