Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Modify the News Image Slider or create a new widget for seamless effort between posting

When we use the Guild News widget, it generates a RSS Feed based on our settings that we choose (like most recent 5 posts over the last 3 months).

I was wondering if there was a way to turn the News Image Slider (or make a new widget) into a widget that pulls from the Guild News RSS Feed or pulls from the forum of our choice much like how the Guild News widget already works.

Kind of just a curious thought - I'm not sure how it could be implemented.

The goal would be to update a Announcement post…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is not something we currently plan to implement.

2. Option to change font and color of recruitment application text when posted to forum.

Currently when a recruitment application is filled and posted, the text for the question is the same exact font and color as the answers. It would be easier to distinguish between the two if you could customize the color and font directly from the options rather than manually.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. sub subforum

Hello! I would like to have the sub subforum feature. would be cool to have it so you can actually group forums together instead of creating many category
    like raid-tact-SoO.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we currently plan to implement, but you can do this with a Raids category, a Tactics forum and an individual subforum for each raid!

4. Forum polls - Make admins able to customize forum polls numbers and multiple choices

Please make admins able to customize forum polls numbers and multiple choices. The widget does not suit us, and linking from the forum to the widget feels the wrong way around.

We use the forums. The poll option is good. Please add these simple admin tools for forum polls.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Drama reducing method of dealing with member complaints

To be able to have a forum where a member could post in a forum that can only be read by a specific moderator group, yet remain non visible to other fellow members would be a most excellent way for guild administrators to handle and track complaints without drama.

It seems as though the functionality is "almost" there, as the member group and the individual forum settings seem to allow the permissions to be "set that way" but a new post button doesn't appear, only a message saying that the group is unable to read the forum.

ie: Forum permission…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Forum, picture uploads

At the moment you need to add a photo to your library then upload it to the forum. You can't upload from pc straight to forum as picture does not show, even when you copy paste it. How about having an upload button in forums so you can upload without having to add it to your library first.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow the use of anchor tag in the forums

You should really allow the use of the anchor tag on the forums. You really don't make it easy to use the forums to make long detailed posts.

If the anchor tag was allowed it could be used to make an index for the post which links to different sections in the same post.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned functionality, so I’m declining it for now, but we’ll revisit it if people are still interested.

8. Upload to Gallery from forum Post interface

The ability to upload an image to the gallery through the forum post dialogue, followed by the insertion of the appropriate [img] markup to show the image in the post would be great.
    It would make screenshot posting much easier for the less adept users.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make forum hidden

Frexampel when you are creating an forum then give the option to set it as hidden allredy when you creat it, it can save alot of time and cliks this way so you dont have to chose that after the forum is created

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, this didn’t reach the minimum threshold of 20 votes to be bumped up to review. :(

For more information about the Feature Request system, check out this FAQ: guildlaunch.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/366826-how-does-the-feature-request-system-work

However, you can set forums to be hidden on the Admin Menu → Features → Forums → Forums area of your site! It just takes an extra step from what you’re describing.

10. Replace the TeraCodex item hover (very out-of-date)

The item hover options for Tera when making posts etc, is being sourced from http://teracodex.com/ but that website is EXTREMELY out of date. To put into perspective, it has NO "etching" related items, which is a feature that has been in the game for more than a couple years now.

http://teradatabase.net/en/ has a more up-to-date item inventory, and has item hovers for each, so if this could be a new hover source, that would be beautiful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  GL_Stephen responded

I would very much like to move this to a mover complete hover database. However, it seems that TeraDatabase.net does not have a hover script. If you know of one please let us know.

11. WoWhead links in different languages

I'm quite new to GuildLauch, but so far I've noticed that most of the features that use WoWhead links are by standard linked to the english language (www.wowhead.com). I wanted to change that to my language of choice (pt.wowhead.com), is there any chance it may be done?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. currency

A forum currency feature for members to barter with would be neat. currency can be traded on the forums between players for in game items and services, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m declining this for now, as it’s not currently planned to implement a spendable currency, but we are looking into the possibility of a reputation system for posts and the like.

13. "Keep me logged in"

This appears to expire after a couple of hours of non-browsing. It is INCREDIBLY annoying to have to log in every couple of hours when I just want to refresh the forums. I check off "keep me logged in" and it obviously does not. This is repeatable across every browser. Cookies have been cleared, it has been done on other computers, same issue. Please look at extending the cookie timeout.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a more of a bug report than a feature request – can you send me an email at support@guildlaunch.com and let me know what browser you’re using? I’ll look into it.

14. Given to those who receive 100+ post.

100+ post on forum will award you a "Forum Master badge"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This hasn’t reached the required votes to go ‘Under Review’, but it’s definitely something we can revisit!

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we are not currently planning to add this on our end, it can be done with an HTML widget on the user’s side.

16. Revise Member Name Function

Allow the admin to set a function such as "Display Character Name as Profile Name" or something to that affect. Right now I have my Character Name / Profile Name / Guild Rank on EVERY post I make. Why can I not just have my Character Name which hyperlinks to my Guild Launch Account name instead of having both?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned functionality – it can lead to potential security issues (at the very least, making a character with the same name as another member’s username could cause confusion and drama) within the system.

17. Forum signatures

I have seen some sites where a person's signature is displayed on their first post, but subsequent posts it is removed.

I know when you post a message/reply, you have the option to show/hide the signature through the "Attach signature" option which by default is turned on. What I was wondering is if it could be made possible to be DISABLED by default on REPLIES...but ENABLED on NEW POSTS through automation.

Not a huge thing, but sometimes signatures take up a lot of real estate and although we can control their sizes, the scroll bars and such in doing so…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →