Some older sites on the Gamer Launch network may notice a duplication of character names when they run a roster import from the Blizzard Armory. We updated our system recently to properly reflect cross-realm servers - if characters were added on the guild's main server, not the server the character was actually on, then the new roster import may create a new character entirely.
Fortunately, the fix for this is straightforward once you know the trick. First, the user needs to...
- Go to their User Profile by clicking the person icon at the top right of the site, then clicking their username;
- Go to the Characters tab;
- Open the profile for each character that has a duplicate in a new tab;
- Compare the Character ID for each character in the URL for that character's profile. The lower number is the older character;
- Change the server of the old character to display as the server it is on (not the guild's server).
- Merge the two characters' DKP (if applicable) on the Admin Dashboard -> Features -> Rapid Raid -> Merge DKP area of the site;
- Remove the character from the guild roster.