To change the name of your Ventrilo server:
- 1. Log into the Control Panel
- 2. If you have more than 1 server, select the server you wish to edit in the drop-down box.
- 3. Click “Configuration” under the “Edit Ventrilo Files” menu heading on the left.
- 4. Enter the name you want for the “Server Name” field. It must be a minimum of 4 characters (in v3.0.0)
- 5. Save the changes. Your server will be automatically restarted for the settings to take effect.
To change the server or port:
Changing the actual server or port number is a little more involved… it’s something that we here at Guild Launch get to do (assuming you’re hosting the server with us). Send us an email to email@example.com and we can move the server and/or port to a new location.
There have been some instances in the past where university firewalls block some ports but not others, but for whatever reason, you may need it changed. Just let us know what you need done, and include the current HOSTNAME and PORT so that we can get it done quickly and let you know what it has been changed to.