Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

172 results found

1. Chat Suggestions

The chat feature has a lot of potential, but right now it is inferior to many other available options. Here are my suggestions on making it more customizeable and appealing.

1) Take a page from IRC's book and allow multiple chat rooms, private messaging and administrative control (which can be assigned based on guild rank).

2) Display ranks (with their color code) before names.

3) Add a time stamp, or an option for one.

4) Can Guests connect? If not, can they be allowed to through admin control options?

5) Allowing a widget version that players can see from other…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Shelved  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

2. rift Magelo Tooltip

Please Update to the Magelo tooltip system instead of Zam. Magelo has a more up to date database.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be revisited in a future release, but isn’t currently planned functionality.

3. In forums show Original Post first, followed by newest to oldest reply

Love Guild Launch and been with you guys since 2007.

I would love the ability for an Admin to make the default forum setup show the Original Post at the top, followed by the newest reply and then finishing up however many pages later with the oldest reply.

This would allow members to see the newest replies on opening a very long thread, rather than having to start with the oldest one and work their way through many pages.

OR

Perhaps make it so the first time they view the thread they see it the way it is now, then…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

4. Let newsletter be posted on forums or home page

allow admins to put sent newsletters on home page or news forums

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we may revisit in a future release, but isn’t currently planned to be in a development sprint.

5. Chat room synchronization to in game guild chat

I would like to see the ability to link the site chat room to the World of Warcraft in game guild chat. As you probably know this function is available in the mobile armory for cell phones and I also am able to achieve this function from my desktop using Bluestacks & a mod. Can this be implemented on Guild Launch?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  addons  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create countdown timer for the release of Lotro Helms Deep

You guys created a countdown timer for the realease of LOTRO Riders of Rohan.. Are you planning on making one for the new expansion Helms Deep? I hope you are :-)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  addons  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a class to the div tags of calendar labels

We are currently able to create labels for calendar events. Assigning a color which then gets added as a colored border on the left hand side of the event div. Such as the following:

<div style="border-left:4px solid #88B869;margin-top:3px;">

If these divs in addition to the current style would be given a custom class we could further style the labels to our own desire.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. swtor: add a schematics database to crafting section or at least a form with quick options instead of "tags"

Currently you must type in each item your char can craft and then add tags to each item like "chest" "lvl 10" blah blah blah. This is way to much work and no one in my guild will be willing to post their crafting schematics in this fashion, its just too much work when you have hundreds of items. It was easier for me to write up and post all my crafting items in the forum, which was still way too much work.

If you added a database of swtor items to search and choose from in order to show…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we may revisit in a future release, but isn’t currently planned to be in a development sprint.

9. Asign dates to Guild Awards

If you have an award for joining your guild but you don't happen to be on that day to assign it it'll have the wrong date on it. Same for certain tasks or achievements.

It would be nice if there was a "date" option when choosing what user to assign an award to.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Toggable tabs for Clan/Guild Roster

This would allow for a simple member list, without Roles, Maps, Character, Search, etc. I just want a simple member list.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email Notifications

I like getting an email notice when I've received a PM, but the message doesn't say who sent the PM! I often get email on my phone, and can't get to the site right away, so.knowing who sent the message is important.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Balance the ads!!

I know I don't subscribe to Guildlaunch and don't have the right to criticize anything on my free site and I think the AD is a good idea, but having 1 ad on the right side makes all the free sites look cheap and unprofessional. Maybe put a floater on the left side as well to even things out!
    Balancing the ad's on both sides that are below the header would look nice and even!!

Thanks for your time~!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WoW In-game Calendar Syncing

A way to sync the built in WoW Calendar to my guilds site. I think they already do this at guildportal and this would make it so I would actually use the guildlaunch calendar section.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow use of GW BBcode even when GW2 is selected as primary.

Currently the GW BBcode is only functional if the original Guild Wars is selected as the primary game. This can make sharing build ideas difficult for guilds who have GW2 as their primary selected, but still play GW and find the builds posted in forums as raw code. Thank you for you time.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ban

It would be nice to see who banned a person and be able to put in notes on why/how long, etc. This way, all folks with ban privileges would be on the same page, even if they aren't on the same schedule. Additionally, it would allow members to have a basis for review by other officers/leaders/admins, having the info right there as to why and when.

Having been a part of guild leadership since before most were calling them guilds, I know that each one is unique, along with what permissions are granted to various levels of leadership. Having information…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guild Kick/Drop Notes

We have a process where we assign a re-invite priority to each member when they leave or are kicked from the guild. It would be great if you could make these an option or at least provide more customizable fields on the roster. I suppose I can make a no longer in guild rank as a workaround, and strip them of rights.

Terms when he left
    A = Left on the best terms. Example: Long time productive member. Left for RL issue.
    B = Left on good terms. Didn't know him long, but gave his notice before he left.
    C…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You could use an officers-only forum to do something similar, though. :)

17. Enable the shoutbox to be viewed by non-members without the ability to post. This will stop "holes" appears on the home page for non member

Enable the shoutbox to be viewed by non-members without the ability to post. This will stop "holes" appears on the home page for non member.

Currently if you include the shoutbox members can see it but non-members just see an empty space.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Countdown widget that supports different time zones

I recently used the countdown widget. And it created quite the problem. Most of my guild members live in very different time zones. So it would be nice to have a countdown widget that you can enter a date and time, that would then tell each member at what time for THEIR individual time zones. Instead of it going by your computer time. So if a countdown goes to 9am PDT, then every guild member actually had the timer count down to 9am of each of their individual time zones, instead of telling them at what time 9am PDT should…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sub-galleries/album

There should be a way to add album within the albums (galleries within galleries). Would help alot with sorting of images with sub albums, like Raid gallery/album and then diffrent galleries within that gallery to sort to the many diffrent raids.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the widget say "8 Player" instead of "8 Man"

Make the widget say "8 Player" instead of "8 Man". Women play games, too. :)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we may revisit in a future release, but isn’t currently planned functionality.

• Don't see your idea?

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base