Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

172 results found

1. Lottery widget and/or virtual currency function

Just for the record i play EVE Online

There is one similar post about a lottery idea and another about currency but not quite in the way i was thinking but these two points tie up my idea.

A tool to upload an amount of ingame currency to a certain member to spend on my site in such events as lotteries and a random number generator tool, possibly only in a forum post for lottery results. An example of how it would work below...

Player sends me ISK ingame
    I input the amount on this site to then give to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  widgets  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Shelved  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

2. New designs for all us LOTRO players, helms deep have been out for weeks now, and still no HD design!

a design inspired by the battle at helms deep, with a moving front and a "frozen" background.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

3. Would love to see a adaptable for multiple game use server clock and stats widget

a server clock that can be used for guild sites that's adjustable for multiple games with info on server status allowing for custumization

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  addons  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In forums show Original Post first, followed by newest to oldest reply

Love Guild Launch and been with you guys since 2007.

I would love the ability for an Admin to make the default forum setup show the Original Post at the top, followed by the newest reply and then finishing up however many pages later with the oldest reply.

This would allow members to see the newest replies on opening a very long thread, rather than having to start with the oldest one and work their way through many pages.

OR

Perhaps make it so the first time they view the thread they see it the way it is now, then…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update TS3 Widget

If you have time to look at the TS3 widget code, right now when it is polling the script is displaying every single thing on the server. That includes the [cspacer] , [rspacer] and normal [spacer]. Any chance we can get script to filter those codes out of the view poll so they are not displayed?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We may revisit this in a future release, but it isn’t actively planned for development.

6. Ability to toggle default forum text link targets from "None" (same window) to "New Window"

I think it would be a great feature/addition if the GL website/owner had the ability to toggle the default setting of forum text link targets from "None" (same window) to "New Window". I feel this would increase the ease and functionality of links that target both internal and external sources without being lead away from or possibly losing any progress on the current page that is providing the link.

Certainly most links elsewhere on sites are meant for navigation rather than referencing. But the text links found in Forum posts are typically used to simultaneously cite/share information ALONG SIDE of…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add more GoodGame Empire:Four Kingdoms titles

right now there is only the title of knight, we need the rest of them like chevalier, conqueror etc. please add them so we can better manage our alliance. thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m setting this as ‘Shelved’ for now, but will gladly update the other ranks if we can get a list of them. :)

8. Forums as a widget.

It'd be nice if we could have our forums be a widget. I'm not opposed to having a forums tab at the very start, with a forums widget already activated on that page. What I'd like to see is forums being operated via a widget so that if we choose to change the layout of our site, we can (for example) have the various navigation tabs we start with be modified into the names of the various games our guilds play, with an exclusive page dedicated to that game wherein our forums widget would be located, to make our sites…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Roster Imports and Character Profiles for Neverwinter Online -

They currently have a gateway site that you can modify in game things with as guild in-game roster and information, not sure how workable it is for you to add this option for easy importing of characters for guild users or not. https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Howdy, please update the guild perks section for Rift :) thank you

The Guild perks did change a long time ago, be cool to have this updated so our members can see the correct information via the website.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it more user friendly to Clan operators on Xbox 360

Is there a way that we could make the site compatible with Call of Duty? By that I mean add widgets for Clan Wars stats, and a way to link your Xbox 360 Profile to your account. I would also like to be able to add profile fields where members can personalize their page a little.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow image as background for splash pages

You can currently only add an image to a splash page.

By being able to set an image as background, it would scale with browsers, allowing the "Continue to x" link to stay centered at the top of the page when using a high-res image.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something that we may revisit in a future release, but are not currently actively planning for a sprint.

13. Add a resource widget

Add a resource and crafted item request widget that allows members to request resources or crafted items internally. Some of the possible column headers could be a drop-down for item or resource, character name of requestor, quantity, quality level, and a way for a gild member to take ownership of the request for fulfillment.

Another hosting site that shall remain nameless (Guild Portalcough) has something like this attached to their bank widget. A very worthwhile widget for some games.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Signature Creator applet

I've recently had issues with the signature/banner I created using the siglaunch signature generator applet on Guild Launch.

My sig displays properly most of the time on our The Elder Sages Guild GL pages.

However, when I use either the [img]...[/img} link, BBCode option, or the HTML option to show my signature on non-GL sites, sometimes my signature is displayed perfectly. At other times, the same valid link only displays the "x" for a broken graphic.

I've noticed that if I do a page refresh it will sometimes then display the full image. At other times I have to click…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Removing Character Limit in custom page editor and support for html5 tags

I want to edit a custom page with a long table. Each row corresponds to a daily event in a game so there are 365 rows. Problem is, I can't make this table as detailed as I want because the editor automatically cuts of characters after a certain limit. According to my tests it seems to be around 62,000 characters. And the worst part is that html tags such as,, and also count to the limit.

Here's the page in question: http://dofusta.guildlaunch.com/sections/article/almanax1/?gid=134459 As you can see the bottom of the table is cut off. Here's the html source of article…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Awards

Under an old system, Site admins were the only people who could assign and award a guild award from the award page (whew, lol). I then suggested on the forums to incorporate a permission with it instead of having to be a site admin for obvious reasons.

I was not through in my explanation however. The way the current permission is set up, when a specific permission group has the "award" permission checked, it allows them to also create new awards.

I would like to see that only site admins (or whoever else through yet another permission) can create an…

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This hasn’t bubbled up to active development yet, but we may revisit it in a future release!

17. Improve on what goes where on a website

A lot of things do as they are told, but for example, my guild name, just goes straight across my header image and there's nothing i can do to move it around without using advanced css which doesn't seem to do anything for it anyway other than complicate things im sorry to say.
    Also, What happens in the preview box of the editing sections does not always reflect what happens on the live website. What i actually want happening only does it right on the preview box, yet does nothing on the live website when i save it. (coughguildname

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Moderating Old Members

Back in the day, a system was created to moderate current site users signatures and avatars. You can remove them and such. I originally suggested this idea and I was happy to see it get the response it deserved.

However, it needs to be taken a couple of steps farther....
    1. The ability to set a default picture or text for moderated signatures and avatars. (Basically saying and showing it was moderated.)

1. The ability to remove members' avatars and signatures who are no longer apart of the guild site (not guildlaunch but site specific) but have posts that are still…
    44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This hasn’t bubbled up to active development yet, but we may revisit it in a future release!

19. Moderating Site Posts/Replies

I would like to see a button to "moderate" a reply or post that when that particular post or reply is moderated, it keeps the original poster from editing it to re-post was was "edited" when the edit button is used.

In that system, there should be default replies that replace the current content in the post or reply with admin moderation replies OR the ability to manual edit the reply to say whatever is necessary.

Also, by default, when the post or reply is moderated, it should say who moderated it. The ability to set the font and formatting…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we aren’t currently planning this specific functionality for active development, it’s something we may revisit in a future release!

20. Column Sorting on Wiki

Please add the ability to sort columns in tables created on Wiki (alphabetically and in ascending/descending order). Similar functionality is available through scripts like TableKit, however it doesn't work on Wiki tables. A native support for such sorting would be very welcomed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base