Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

172 results found

1. Live Stream Widget/Custom Page

Looking to get a Livestream Widget or "Custom Page" created

This addon could be a widget or an admin panel addon.

The feature would be "Create Live Stream" or "Add Live Streams"

When you add the live stream it lets you put a live stream link ie Twitch.tv as well as a custom thumbnail/banner for the live stream. It would have a Live Stream title as well. The addon would display say 1-5-7-9 Streams like the "RSS" Feeds" but it would show if they are "Live" or "Offline" and would have the custom thumbnails. IF you created the "Custom Page"…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  addons  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Shelved  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is not currently planned in a development cycle, but we may revisit it for future releases. If you would like to see it reopened, we strongly encourage you to submit it as a new Feature Request so that our dev team knows it is still something the userbase is interested in!

2. Character name displaying in "Who's Online" widget

I can see the "Show Character Name on Posts" has been fixed - thanks ! but the widget "Who's Online" still only gives the login name, not the character name as I expected. Any way that can be fixed/optioned as well ?

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we aren’t currently planning to add this to the current sprint cycle, we may revisit it in a future release!

3. Providing a Forum Currency, Like per POST on forums, Gambling with the Currency and Being able to trade with other members!

A currency on the forums/Site that you can use to purchase things in the guild bank, Pay people through the forums with said currency and use it to buy things by trading other people. Also will be able to use this too gamble. Like the system on Leakforums.org

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be revisited in a future release, but isn’t currently planned functionality.

4. Multiple Applications for different games

Our guild uses the website for both World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV. I want to be able to have separate recruiting apps for each game or just to have the post into the forums show which game the app is for. This helps those who deal with recruiting know which apps to look at instead of having to go into them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  recruiting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we aren’t currently planning to introduce this to a development cycle, you can have required questions that every user needs to answer, and non-mandatory ones for each game (so if recruting for FFXIV, a WoW player wouldn’t have to answer).

5. In forums show Original Post first, followed by newest to oldest reply

Love Guild Launch and been with you guys since 2007.

I would love the ability for an Admin to make the default forum setup show the Original Post at the top, followed by the newest reply and then finishing up however many pages later with the oldest reply.

This would allow members to see the newest replies on opening a very long thread, rather than having to start with the oldest one and work their way through many pages.

OR

Perhaps make it so the first time they view the thread they see it the way it is now, then…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

6. Set Main Character

I'd like to have the possibility to pick one of my characters and set it as my main so that it becomes the default character, instead of having to use the dropdown menu every time 'cause my main is not the first one alphabetically.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be revisited in a future release, but isn’t currently planned functionality.

7. Add/Update DCUO Raid Progression Widget

DCUO is not getting alot of love from guildlaunch, I would like to see this added. I have already given all the info in an email over a month ago and have not heard or seen anything about this. WoW isn't the only game out there.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  addons  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The DCUO progression should be up-to-date – I’ll look into it further and make sure.

8. Howdy, please update the guild perks section for Rift :) thank you

The Guild perks did change a long time ago, be cool to have this updated so our members can see the correct information via the website.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned to be included in a development cycle, but we may revisit it at a later date.

9. Personalize Widgets

Allow users to Personalize Widgets, adding a link for a website which shows a picture for something they'd like to appear .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Wow Head as a Widget

Add Wow Head as a Widget

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would love to see a adaptable for multiple game use server clock and stats widget

a server clock that can be used for guild sites that's adjustable for multiple games with info on server status allowing for custumization

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Forums as a widget.

It'd be nice if we could have our forums be a widget. I'm not opposed to having a forums tab at the very start, with a forums widget already activated on that page. What I'd like to see is forums being operated via a widget so that if we choose to change the layout of our site, we can (for example) have the various navigation tabs we start with be modified into the names of the various games our guilds play, with an exclusive page dedicated to that game wherein our forums widget would be located, to make our sites…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. include an Auto feature for gathering Faction Information from Importing

When importing from Rift Game. Both Factions, Guardian and Defiant are allowed in the same Guild for Rift Game. This is not right. All the "Imported" players are set as Defiant or Guardian. No 'Auto' Option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  admin  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Non-english characters compatibility

Could it be possible to widen the character compatibility system, so that we can see non-english characters (as ó) the right way? I'd love to be able to read my druid's name "Däkzul" complete instead of just "D", or our guild name "Resurrección" instead of "Resurrecci%F3n"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Crafting" tab on Character Profile (WoW)

It'd be awesome to be able to sort what can be crafted by professions instead of how it is displayed now, which is kinda messy. It's cool to see it alphabetically, but with professions extremely "populated" as Engineering it gets quite hard to find any particular item

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lottery widget and/or virtual currency function

Just for the record i play EVE Online

There is one similar post about a lottery idea and another about currency but not quite in the way i was thinking but these two points tie up my idea.

A tool to upload an amount of ingame currency to a certain member to spend on my site in such events as lotteries and a random number generator tool, possibly only in a forum post for lottery results. An example of how it would work below...

Player sends me ISK ingame
    I input the amount on this site to then give to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  widgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New designs for all us LOTRO players, helms deep have been out for weeks now, and still no HD design!

a design inspired by the battle at helms deep, with a moving front and a "frozen" background.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. WoW In-game Calendar Syncing

A way to sync the built in WoW Calendar to my guilds site. I think they already do this at guildportal and this would make it so I would actually use the guildlaunch calendar section.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a resource widget

Add a resource and crafted item request widget that allows members to request resources or crafted items internally. Some of the possible column headers could be a drop-down for item or resource, character name of requestor, quantity, quality level, and a way for a gild member to take ownership of the request for fulfillment.

Another hosting site that shall remain nameless (Guild Portalcough) has something like this attached to their bank widget. A very worthwhile widget for some games.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Signature Creator applet

I've recently had issues with the signature/banner I created using the siglaunch signature generator applet on Guild Launch.

My sig displays properly most of the time on our The Elder Sages Guild GL pages.

However, when I use either the [img]...[/img} link, BBCode option, or the HTML option to show my signature on non-GL sites, sometimes my signature is displayed perfectly. At other times, the same valid link only displays the "x" for a broken graphic.

I've noticed that if I do a page refresh it will sometimes then display the full image. At other times I have to click…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base