Skip to content

Gamer Launch Feature Requests

This is an area where Gamer Launch users can suggest ideas on how to improve Gamer Launch functionality! When opening an idea, be sure to check out our Feature Request article for some guidelines.

If you are requesting that a game be added to the system, you want the Game Requests forum instead.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Flag under Members name on Forums.

I was talking to one of my guild members the other day and he had this idea, It would be cool if either under or next to Member names on the forums they could put a flag from the country they are from.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  GL_Slater responded

This is an interesting idea and we may revisit it later, but we are not currently planning to implement it.

2. Customizabloe forum Icons

Is there anyway to make it so that you can have individual forum icon so that i can customize my forum with icons that represent things instead of one icon for everything

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change the forum icons globally, but it is not currently planned to make it so that you can change icons for one specific forum.

3. Modify the News Image Slider or create a new widget for seamless effort between posting

When we use the Guild News widget, it generates a RSS Feed based on our settings that we choose (like most recent 5 posts over the last 3 months).

I was wondering if there was a way to turn the News Image Slider (or make a new widget) into a widget that pulls from the Guild News RSS Feed or pulls from the forum of our choice much like how the Guild News widget already works.

Kind of just a curious thought - I'm not sure how it could be implemented.

The goal would be to update a Announcement post…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we currently plan to implement.

4. Implement Tapatalk!

Got this idea while testing the mobile-version of Guildlaunch.

As an avid forumuser for many years I've found that the best way by far to efficiently read posts and post yourself on a smartphone is by using a dedicated forumapp. I'd say that be best one out there is Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com).

There are hundreds of forums supporting that app. The result for us end-users are WAY above what (most) of the "mobile-enabled" webinterfaces can provide.

Do take a look at it? I'm sure using that would help us Guildlaunch-users alot when keeping up with our Guildsites.

Thanks in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned to be implemented – our developers have looked into it in the past, but are going a different route for mobile development.

5. Revise Member Name Function

Allow the admin to set a function such as "Display Character Name as Profile Name" or something to that affect. Right now I have my Character Name / Profile Name / Guild Rank on EVERY post I make. Why can I not just have my Character Name which hyperlinks to my Guild Launch Account name instead of having both?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned functionality – it can lead to potential security issues (at the very least, making a character with the same name as another member’s username could cause confusion and drama) within the system.

6. "Keep me logged in"

This appears to expire after a couple of hours of non-browsing. It is INCREDIBLY annoying to have to log in every couple of hours when I just want to refresh the forums. I check off "keep me logged in" and it obviously does not. This is repeatable across every browser. Cookies have been cleared, it has been done on other computers, same issue. Please look at extending the cookie timeout.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a more of a bug report than a feature request – can you send me an email at support@guildlaunch.com and let me know what browser you’re using? I’ll look into it.

7. Allow the use of anchor tag in the forums

You should really allow the use of the anchor tag on the forums. You really don't make it easy to use the forums to make long detailed posts.

If the anchor tag was allowed it could be used to make an index for the post which links to different sections in the same post.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently planned functionality, so I’m declining it for now, but we’ll revisit it if people are still interested.

8. Global Forum Announcements/Stickies

It would be nice to have the option to create global stickies or announcement threads that show up at the top of every forum in their own seperate area apart from the threads that are default to the forum. This would be so they stand out. This way, for example, a guild that has terms of use or something admin related, it would be readily available for viewing. Reference startrekonline forums for details at http://forums.startrekonline.com They have a prime example of what I talking about for their Terms of Service.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not currently planning to implement this as a Forums feature, but you could do something similar with a News widget at the top of the forums (or the bottom, underneath the content, for longer ones like a ToS) that pulls the announcement you’d like to display.

9. currency

A forum currency feature for members to barter with would be neat. currency can be traded on the forums between players for in game items and services, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m declining this for now, as it’s not currently planned to implement a spendable currency, but we are looking into the possibility of a reputation system for posts and the like.

10. I think it would be nice if you could copy/paste a spreadsheet into a forum post.

Create the ability to copy and paste an excel spreadsheet into a forum post.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Events - Calendar Widget/Calendar Colors

I would love for a functionality that would color the current day one color and events another color.
    The event text background color could be decided by the label color as chosen by the event creator.
    Then add a different text color to events you HAVE signed up for as opposed to ones you haven't or maybe just a checkmark or symbol for the ones you have signed for for an easy overview.

I really like the calendar/event functionality, but atm. it's really hard to notice new events on days that had events before and to see events on "today"…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we’re currently planning to implement, but if there is still interest we can revisit it in later releases.

12. Implement the ability to enter HTML Title elements for forum/subforums.

Implement the ability to enter HTML Title elements for forum/subforums. This will allow a mouse over of a forum name to also be used to describe what the forum/subforum is for. This will be especially helpful for subfourms so ppl can quicky get an idea what a subforums is for without having to drill down into the main forum.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not plan to implement HTML coding for forums and subforums at this time.

13. Limiting nested quotes

It would be a nice feature to reduce forum post lengths if the quote button only quoted the quoted poster's response (without nested quotes). Better yet, the option to define how deep nested quotes would go (ie 3 quotes down the tree)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This was brought up in a development meeting, but is not going to be implemented as a feature.

14. Make files downloadable to website

Make it where you can download files to the website to make it easier for guilds to keep addons they use on there guild webpage

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Admins to Set Default # of Topics to Show in a Forum

How can I set the number of topics displayed on each forum page? For instance, I want 30 topics displayed on my 'member discussion' forum.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subforums

Subforums always appear at the top of list within a forum (pushing all posts down). Is there a way an option can be applied to push a Post above subforums (preferably the "Announce" option, but if a new/different option is available that would be fine). I would even be okay if a limit of only "1" was post allowed to be at the top (like a Forum Header Post), This would typically be used for "Read First" or "Instructions" type posts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we may look at this again in the future, it is not currently a planned feature.

17. Forum signatures

I have seen some sites where a person's signature is displayed on their first post, but subsequent posts it is removed.

I know when you post a message/reply, you have the option to show/hide the signature through the "Attach signature" option which by default is turned on. What I was wondering is if it could be made possible to be DISABLED by default on REPLIES...but ENABLED on NEW POSTS through automation.

Not a huge thing, but sometimes signatures take up a lot of real estate and although we can control their sizes, the scroll bars and such in doing so…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →